Pan Seared Scallops
with Infused Asparagus Sauce
What you will need
Roughly chopped asparagus; reserve tips (see tips)
Freshly ground black pepper
Avocado or olive oil
U-10 scallops, foot removed
Warm a medium sauce pan over medium/high heat. Add almond milk and bring to a boil.
Remove from the heat and add chopped asparagus, ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt and pepper, basil and if using, SYNR.G 1:1 Low Dose Cannabis Oil, and transfer to a blender or using an immersion blender in the pot, blend until smooth. Set aside.
Warm a large sauté pan over medium/high heat. Add oil and place scallops into the pan and sear until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes (see tips). Flip and cook another minute. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate to rest for 2 minutes.
Add asparagus tips, water and remaining salt and cook until asparagus turns bright green, about two minutes.
To serve, evenly divide asparagus sauce and asparagus tips in bowls and place scallops over top of the asparagus.
Keep secured and out of reach of children
Finish the recipe with a dash of SYNR.G low dose 1:1
If you're looking to get started, check out our SYRNG lose dose 1:1 Cannabis Oil. Our low dose 1:1 oil is a standard spectrum oil with 5mg/ml THC and CBD, perfect for a start low and go slow introduction to cannabis. Odourless and flavourless, it’s easy to consume alone, or with a meal. SYNR.G oils are made from ethically sourced MCT oil and are vegan.
- This recipe contains cannabis
- Do not consume cannabis or cannabis-infused foods if pregnant or breastfeeding
- Please consult your Health Care Professional prior to consuming cannabis
- The onset and effects of cannabis differ from person to person
- Recreational cannabis should be used responsibly, start low and go slow
- Cannabis can affect your state of mind
- Store cannabis and cannabis-infused products safely out of reach of children
- Do not drive or operate heavy equipment after using cannabis
- While CannTrust supports new usage practices of cannabis products, CannTrust is not responsible for any negative health effects, health outcomes, nor any other outcomes to which a user deems unsatisfactory
- Please visit the Health Canada website for more information on the effect of cannabis – https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/health-effects/effects.html