Infused Buffalo Brussels Sprouts
- This recipe contains cannabis
- Do not consume cannabis or cannabis-infused foods if pregnant or breastfeeding
- Please consult your Health Care Professional prior to consuming cannabis
- The onset and effects of cannabis differ from person to person
- Recreational cannabis should be used responsibly, start low and go slow
- Cannabis can affect your state of mind
Makes 4 appetizer servings
What you’ll need
Deep fryer or deep saucepan for frying
scallion (green onion)
coconut or rice vinegar
toasted sesame seeds
freshly ground black pepper
gluten-free Panko bread crumbs or almond flour
SYNR.G Low Dose 1:1 Cannabis Oil
Pre-heat oven to 350F.
Place red pepper in a sauté pan and coat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Transfer to a pre-heated oven and bake until skin is blistered and pepper is soft, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Remove skin and discard seeds and transfer red pepper and residual juice to a blender. Add 3 tbsp olive oil, scallion, vinegar, sesame seeds, chillies, honey, 1⁄4 tsp salt and pepper and cannabis oil and puree until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and reserve for later use.
Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and cook until fork tender, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and submerge in cold water to stop the cooking process. Once cooled, remove from water and dry on a towel.
Place potato starch, eggs and bread crumbs in separate bowls and season each with 1⁄2 tsp of salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
In a fryer or deep saucepan, warm 2 cups of oil to 325F.
Place cooled Brussels sprouts in potato starch to fully coat. Transfer to the scrambled egg to coat and then into the bread crumbs, ensuring sprouts are fully coated. Repeat until all Brussels sprouts are breaded.
Transfer breaded sprouts to the fryer and fry until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil. Repeat until all sprouts are fried, season with remaining salt and pepper and toss with the red pepper puree. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks
To ensure even distribution of 1 tsp cannabis oil per serving, divide the sauce evenly and coat individual portions of the Buffalo Brussels Sprouts.
- Store cannabis and cannabis-infused products safely out of reach of children
- Do not drive or operate heavy equipment after using cannabis
- While CannTrust supports new usage practices of cannabis products, CannTrust is not responsible for any negative health effects, health outcomes, nor any other outcomes to which a user deems unsatisfactory
- Please visit the Health Canada website for more information on the effect of cannabis – https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/health-effects/effects.html